Where to get a CSV file
Most CRM systems support the data export into a CSV (comma-separated values) file. Usually, you'll find it under data export options. Please check your CRM system help center or contact its support team if you need help in exporting data into a CSV file.
How to import the CSV file
To import your CSV file into NetHunt CRM and create a folder based on that data, you need to:
- Click on the NetHunt icon in your Gmail and select the Import data button.
2) Choose Import from CSV...
...then you just drag and drop the file you had already saved on your computer.
3) Now choose the folder where you want to import the file (the existing one) OR choose the option "New folder" which will be created after the import with all your data.
4) Having chosen the folder, you need to map the fields.
CSV COLUMN NAME - shows the column names from your file
CSV DATA EXAMPLE - shows one of the rows from your file
FIELDS IN NETHUNT CRM - shows the correspondent field name it mapped your field to (if you import into the existing folder already) or creates the same field name taken from your csv file.
When you click on the field options in the NetHunt fields (3rd column), you get to choose:
- save this field as a record comment (provided you have notes, comments in the csv file);
- create a new field (if it is not found in your existing folder and it cannot be mapped - just create a new one);
- do not map - simply leave out this column from importing:
NetHunt has 1 necessary field "Name" which will be your record's name. When mapping the file with the fields in the target folder, make sure that you map the source field name (it can be the name of the company, deal etc) with the field in the target folder:
5) If you select one of the existing folders as the destination for your CSV file, you would need to go through one more step - Duplicate checking.
You may select one of the existing fields in your folder you want to match duplicates by (email, first name, last name, etc.), and decide what action should be taken upon the found ones. Preferably, try to stick with emails as it is the most unique identifier.
As you've checked the mapping, hit Start import and then go to the folder with your newly imported data:
When you import your data, sometimes there are fields with incompatible format: e.g. you had a spreadsheet with dates and input them in different formats or even words.
NetHunt will detect those and offer you to "Show mismatch data" ...
...which you can then update with correct input:
Congratulations! You've successfully imported your data into NetHunt CRM. Now you may go to the folder and check the imported data.
Haven’t found the answers you’re looking for? Ask our User Community on Facebook!