The records inside a folder can be represented in two different types of views: a list view or a card-based view.
When you access a folder you can see all your records in a list view.
By default, records are sorted by their created date. To sort them by other parameters, use the Sorted by button in the toolbar and select a parameter.
To create a card-based view of the records, open your folder, use the Group by button and choose the field you want to group the records by.
This way records will be divided into columns based on their field values. For example, grouping records by a Status field will give you an overview of records sorted by their current stage in the process (for example, in a sales pipeline).
You can add more information on the cards by:
- adding more fields on them and choose how you want them to be displayed (with the field title / in one coloumn / in two coloumns);
- hide the columns
How to save views
To save a view for a quick access later, click on the Save view button, name the view, choose the Visibility (everybody or only you) and hit Save.
The saved views will become available from the left sidebar under the corresponding folder.
You may also access all the views from within a folder. When you click on the folder (view) name up top, you get a drop-down menu to choose a view from.
There you can:
- select a view
- make it favorite by clicking on the star icon (so it will be visible from the left side-bar OR un-favorite it to remove from the left side-bar list)
- make a view default one by clicking on a house icon
- manage views (going to the Views Settings)
Saved views settings
Here you can:
- edit the views
- export views into a spreadsheet or a csv file
- delete views
- reorder views by dragging them to a position you like
And here's the list of view settings found on the left side-bar by the three-dots-menu:
- Create campaign (allows sending out a mass mail to evry record in the view);
- Export view;
- Remove from favorites (hides the view from the left side panel, but it will remain in the menu up top);
- Show record count (see the number of records in the view);
- Edit view;
- Manage views;
- Delete view.
When you access a saved view and change it in any manner, you can:
- save the changes to this view by clicking on the Save button
- save new view by clicking on Save as
How to apply filters
Filters are a powerful tool to have an accurate set of data displayed in your view. They allow you to search the exact values not only by one criteria (one field) like grouping or sorting your records, but applying multiple values.
To start applying filters, open one of your folders (we took a Deals folder) and choose the fields you want your records to be filtered by.
Let’s say you want to see all the records in stages "Negotiating” and “Quotation” with the Priority “Critical” and that are assigned to a current user. We use our Sales pipeline to adjust filters.
The steps here are as follows:
- Click on the “Filter” button;
- Select the relevant filters (Stages: Qualifying and Negotiating; Priority: Critical; Manager: Current user);
- Hit “Apply”.
Now you can see that the system found four records, so you may start working with them.
Haven’t found the answers you’re looking for? Ask our User Community on Facebook!